Sunday, April 12, 2015

Swimmy


I am not an overly creative person, as people keep telling me.  I just a little fish swimming in the
                    SEA OF PINTEREST.

Yes, I have ideas.  Yes, they are inspired by things I see and hear.  But, in order to implement them, I need help. I want to acknowledge the help I got on putting on two
bridal showers this weekend, and many office parties over the years.  I could NOT have made any of this happen without my friends and family.  So here goes a partial list of the
other fish in my world.
1.  Karen  R.  She helps hang banners, bake with me, shop, move tables, listen to ideas,
     and just be there all of the time.
2.  Patty G.   She does everything Karen does, but even loads rubber band guns for four 
                    hours.  We are talking YEARS of helping for these two people.
3.  My twin Annie.  She spent all week at my house baking bar cookies for favors, helping
     me with my old dogs, running errands, organizing, cutting out printed objects, and
     many other things.  Kisses for this Michigan hero.
4.  My sister Patty.  She has been cutting out magazine ideas (before Pinterest) for years
     and being a cheer leader with a check ready for years.
5.  My girl scout troups.  They were always ready to pitch in before they grew up and
     had husbands and babies.  Now they cheer me by saying lovely things on Facebook.
6.  My husband.  He spent FIVE HOURS in Office Depot for the Chili Contest when the
     printer didn't work waiting for the posters.  He prints, totes, moves office furniture,
     gets carry-out when I am too busy to cook, moves supplies and decorations from home
     to work and back, puts up with piles of supplies all over the house pre-party, along
     with many more little things.
7.  My daugher Maryanne.  She SHOPS for the supplies.  She's an expert at this now.
    She knows every color of fun foam that exists.  She helps load the car, make flower
    arrangements, and hold down the fort when I am at my busiest.  Then she takes 
    pictures of everything for my blog.
8.  Jane W. and Helene W.  sat on the floor way late into the night at Maryanne's grad
     party blowing up balloons and making balloon poles.  Their daughters weren't 
     graduating.
9.  For all the friends who came to my door last year to pick up "teeny weenies" to bake
     in their ovens and bring to the Margarita Party.
10.  My sister-in-law Lois.  She comes to every party and just runs the kitchen and event
      so that I can relax and have fun with my guests.  This shower, she even enlisted her
     sister Susan to help cook the entire dinner for my niece's shower after the afternoon
     one.  Susan taught me how to tie a perfect package bow, something I had never 
     conquered.  They ran the kitchen at the afternoon shower also.  Kisses and hugs.
11. My daughter Annie.  She helps me with graphics, baking, making new friends, and
     just overall admiring me and cheering me up when I am exhausted.
12. The teachers at Floris Elementary School.  Thank you for letting me come in to do
      programs at school with your kids.  No idea is too big.  Your encouragement keeps
     me running.
 13.  My niece Sarah and her new husband Fernando.  They have both worked my parties
       when no one else was available.  Sarah's feet needed massages after many events.
       It was trial by fire for Fernando, but he is such a good sport. Sarah, thanks for the
       cupcake and cake books for all of their ideas.
14.  Everyone of my friends and relatives who think I'm creative and say so.  Ha ha.
      You didn't know I was fooling you.  That I'm just the little fish inside all of the other
      fish swimming in the sea.  It is so wonderful being surrounded by love and
      helpfulness.
15.  Last, but not least, my sister's Terry and Mary Lou.  Even though you are 
      long distance, you've never once said those dreaded words, "Oh, Jani.  WHAT do 
      you want us to do now?"

IF I HAVE FORGOTTEN ANYONE, WHICH I AM SURE I HAVE, LIKE MY AUNT CLARA WHO IS THE GURU OF CREATIVENESS, PLEASE FORGIVE ME.  LET ME KNOW SO THAT I CAN GIVE YOU
A LIST OF THINGS TO DO FOR THE MARGARITAVILLE PARTY COMING UP IN SEPTEMBER. (ha ha).
                         THANK YOU, EVERYONE.   
 

No comments: